The Ambient Highways newsletter serves as a roll up of all the recent music related activity from me. The newsletter is also sent to fans on my mailing list. You can join now by clicking here!
I recently released my SharePoint Community dedicated album Pillars in Time. This album is be dedicated to The SharePoint Community and those who have supported me in big ways.
The songs are affectionately named in honor of specific folks in the SharePoint community who have supported me in the years past. Each song title has their Twitter handle in case you would like to know more about them.
I’ll be sending it off to all of the major digital retailers at the end of the month, but you can listen and buy now from my Pillars page on Bandcamp.
I also released an enhanced / re-mastered and extended version of my album For the Willow Wept…, In this Sunrise Edition of For The Willow Wept… I added three additional songs to the collection as well as cleaned up and re-mastered a majority of the original material.
Here’s a list of things I’m working on next and what’s in store for the future!
Over the next couple of months I will be spending a great deal of time upgrading and expanding on my hardware/software for my digital audio workstation (DAW). This includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Upgrading to the latest version of Sonar Platinum
- I normally don’t upgrade my DAW but every few years or so. I’ve been using Sonar X3 for the past few, and it’s time for an upgrade.
- Acquiring the Komplete 11 Ultimate bundle
- I’ve had my eye on the Komplete Ultimate bundle for quite awhile, and it’s time to invest in it as there are quite a few sounds I’m limited to as of this time. It includes the Symphony Essentials series of virtual synths, and I’m looking forward to the sound this is going to allow me to achieve. I may even update to the full Symphony Series collection at a later time for an even richer sound, but I think the essentials series will get me what I need for the meantime.
- I’m reaching space limitations on my hardware, so it’s time to move things around and get some additional storage, especially to host the Komplete package and a few other software synths and plug ins I’ve got my eye on (More on that later).
Continuing to promote my latest albums. I’ve release 2 new albums and a re-master of another over the last several months. Mind you, most of the material I had been working on for a couple of years, and some songs that were updated, so it was a short turnaround time between albums in finalizing the music. My next album may be several months out, so it’s time to put some heavy promotion onto what I’ve released in a relatively short time frame.
History of Musical Influences
I want to continue in reviving my History of Musical Influences posts, so I’m going to dedicate some time throughout the year to move forward with that.
I hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter, and if so please leave me your comments!
If you have received this newsletter from a friend, or read it on my blog be sure to sign up for the email based newsletter by visiting my official music site at http://music.krichie.com and click the “Stay Informed” link!
I’m just Keeping the Dream Alive!
– Keith Richie